Web page layout request

Currently, the Project page is shown as a grid where as you add additional projects you end up with the projects spread over a number of rows. Environments defined within a project are on the other hand displayed as a row of projects that requires the use of a scroll bar at the bottom of the screen.

This limitation because a problem once you have more than 6 environments defined in a project as you have to spend your time scrolling the screen. It is made worse as the order they are shown in is fixed and I am guessing is based on creation date - so the lastest project always needs the most scrolling.

I am coming across this issue as I have a project that contains an environment per container I must build.

Roger

Hi @rit001,

Thanks for sending this feedback in! This definitely can be a little confusing and is something we’re hoping to improve in the future. In the mean time, here are two things that may help.

First, you can actually re-order environments freely! You do it by using drag and drop as shown here:

Re-ordering Environments - Watch Video

Second, if you’re on a Mac you can scroll horizontally by either using trackpad gestures or by holding shift down and then using the scroll wheel.

Third, on a Mac you can set it up so scroll bars always show up (which doesn’t help with the actual scrolling, but may help increase visibility if some environments are off-screen). To do that, go to System Preferences > General and then choose the Always option next to Show scroll bars.

Hopefully the above proves helpful! Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
-Joel

Hi @rit001 and @watsonian!

I usually head to the search bar (hit the S on your keyboard) which is pretty powerful (a bit broken for now tho : Config dropdown menu shortcut bug references wrong project) and type the environment name I want to reach, that’s even faster IMO (if you know the environment’s name)

Sorry for re-opening this old thread, but that may help other users :v:

Cheers

1 Like