Select secrets when create a branch config

When creating a new branch config that only needs a subset of configs it’s a bit tedious to have to go through all the secrets that aren’t needed and delete them. There could be a more compact UI specifically select the subset of secrets to be part of the new branch.

Additionally, I’ve had to create branches for different environments that I intended to contain the same subset of secrets but had to do a bunch of back and forth to make sure I got it right (honestly, I’m not even sure I did). For example, I have stg_docs and prd_docs that contain only the necessary secrets to build our docs.

Hey Alex,

Thanks for this awesome feedback and I’ve addressed your points individually below.

There could be a more compact UI specifically select the subset of secrets to be part of the new branch.

This is a great suggestion and I’ll pass this on to our Engineering team.

I’ve had to create branches for different environments that I intended to contain the same subset of secrets but had to do a bunch of back and forth to make sure I got it right.

Would the option of being able to clone the keys from an existing branch config to a new branch config (e.g stg_docs => prd_docs) help here?

Pleasure!

Would the option of being able to clone the keys from an existing branch config to a new branch config (e.g stg_docs => prd_docs) help here?

It would! However, I was thinking that a branch could be “associated” or “related” with another branch in another environment. The same way you get a warning if there is a diff in root config keys of each environment you could have the same for branches.

That, but on the branch, if there is a mismatch with the associated branch.

:v:

Ah got it, thanks for the clarification!