Is there any doc or example on how doppler can integrate with VM .PEM certs?

I want to integrate mongodb pem files with doppler but we hosted mongodb on VM. Is there any doc or support for VM integration with doppler ?

Hi @naga,

Certificates or keys in PEM format can be inserted directly into Doppler and then on the virtual machine, a Service Token can be used to provide access to the config containing the PEM files.

Presuming the service token is set as the DOPPLER_TOKEN environment variable, you could output the PEM file to a specific location:

doppler secrets get MONGO_DB_PEM --plain > /etc/ssl/mongodb.pem

You can also provide persistent secret access without the DOPPLER_TOKEN environment variable by scoping it to a location on the machine where you’ll be running commands from:

doppler configure set token dp.st.prd.xxxx --scope /home/ubuntu/
cd /home/ubuntu/
doppler secrets get MONGO_DB_PEM --plain > /etc/ssl/mongodb.pem

Also, the DigitalOcean docs provide an example of registering the service token as part of the Cloud init process (User data script).

Hi @naga,

I wanted to give you the heads up that I’m working on a tutorial specifically for using Doppler to manage SSL/TLS connections for MongoDB as it’s not as straightforward as I thought.

Hi @naga,

We have a new tutorial showing how to use Doppler for managing TLS/SSL Certificates for MongoDB and I’d love your feedback!