Does Doppler integrate with Digital Oceans App-Platform?

First of all - hey everybody :wave:

I’m starting out the adoption of Doppler in our small team.

Our team is thinking about adopting Digital Oceans app-platform (the plan is to run a background-nodejs service)

Does Doppler integrate with the app-platform, or is it only supporting droplets?

Hi @alexbjorlig!

Welcome to the Doppler Community!

Unfortunately, we’re not able to create an integration for App Platform currently as the only way to update the environment variables is to edit the entire App spec (YAML) document. We spoke with DigitalOcean to see if they could provide a specific API for updating only the environment variables but they’re not currently planning on adding one. If you like, you can show support for that API feature request here.

For now, the easiest and recommended way to use Doppler here is to create a Service Token and expose it via the DOPPLER_TOKEN environment variable for the desired environment, then inject secrets into your application process using the Doppler CLI installed in your Dockerfile.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
-Joel

I have voted on the Digital Ocean community. Surprised to find no other votes…

I’m not a big fan of Docker when I can avoid it.

But running a “pure” node.js applet on Digital Ocean could probably use the DOPPLER_TOKEN and then fetch secrets using either the Doppler CLI or REST API I guess.

Thanks for the quick answer :slight_smile: