How to improve app safety and handling configurations

Hello everyone :wave:

I am searching for ways to improve the safety of my application and control it using doppler.
I have used Doppler in my project, but i would like to learn about best practices for safely collecting secrets and managing conditions across several settings.

I would appreciate any kind of support:

Hi @Jazlyn!

Welcome to the Doppler Community!

I’d be happy to help here, but this is a pretty broad question. Do you have some specific examples in mind? What kind of application are you creating and what kind of secrets are you working with? Generally speaking, you can use Doppler to store both secrets (e.g., API keys, passwords, etc.) and also configuration (e.g., the port your application runs on, number of background workers that spin up, etc.). It’s ultimately up to what your application needs and how you’re running it. If you can give me more specifics, I can see what else I can recommend!

Regards,
-Joel

Thank you for your response. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I am working on a web application that connects to multiple APIs and manages critical user data.
I am looking for guidance on how to use doppler to securely manage important arrangements; such API keys; in a variety of settings.

Thanks in advance

Hello,
I think to improve the safety of your application using Doppler, centralize secret management and set up environment-specific configurations to ensure consistency and prevent leaks. Implement strict access controls to limit who can view or modify secrets, and enable audit logging to monitor changes and detect suspicious activity. To reduce the risk of compromise and integrate Doppler with your CI/CD pipeline to automate secret injection during deployments, minimizing manual handling and potential errors.