Can't sync Doppler secrets to Heroku project

I am attempting to connect the Doppler project to the Heroku app.

I am seeing the following error in red:

• Unable to create/update secret with reserved name DOPPLER_ENCLAVE_ENVIRONMENT

I checked Heroku env vars and this is not an existing environment variable.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Resolved here: Doppler -> Heroku integration failure

** UPDATE - this only worked for one of the environments, not all

@axw Was this showing up when you were attempting to import secrets from your Heroku app while setting up the sync? DOPPLER_ENCLAVE_ENVIRONMENT isn’t one we actually set (we set DOPPLER_ENVIRONMENT), so I’m curious what was going on here. Are you able to elaborate a bit?

UPDATE: Minor correction here. We do set DOPPLER_ENCLAVE_ENVIRONMENT (along with DOPPLER_ENCLAVE_PROJECT and DOPPLER_ENCLAVE_CONFIG) for some very old configs. If you’ve been using Doppler for a long time, this may be the case for you as well. This has not been true for any configs created in at least the last couple of years though.

@watsonian
Yes we have been using Doppler for a very long time, the config I’m using was created years ago.

I got the integration working for one of my environments, but still seeing the DOPPLER_ENCLAVE_CONFIG issue when trying to sync 2 other Heroku apps.

I’ve uploaded a screenshot of the error below. Your help here is much appreciated.

@axw Can you send me a screenshot of the output of heroku config -a YOUR_APP_NAME? Make sure to black out the actual values if there’s anything sensitive. Just want to make very sure those DOPPLER_ENCLAVE_* variables aren’t already over there. If they aren’t there at all, then there’s likely a bug involving import with very old configs. Assuming that’s the case, we can look into a fix for this, but the fastest workaround would probably be creating new environments in your project, moving your secrets over via an export/import, and then renaming your environments. If you have a large number of syncs or deployments that would be disrupted by this, waiting for a fix might be a better option though.

Thanks - what I had to do was delete the pre-existing DOPPLER_ENCLAVE_* variables, wait for the app to redeploy, and then sync with Doppler

Yep, that’d do it! Glad you were able to get things going!