API question "Integration Slug"/Integration Name

Hi,

trying to use the https://api.doppler.com/v3/integrations/integration retrieve API call.
No matter what I try entering for the

integration string required
The integration slug

I always only get back the 400, telling me

{
  "messages": [
    "Please provide a valid Integration"
  ],
  "validationIssues": [
    {
      "validation": "uuid",
      "code": "invalid_string",
      "message": "Please provide a valid Integration",
      "path": [
        "query",
        "integration"
      ]
    }
  ],
  "success": false
}

I tried everything from the Integrations, still no success.
This is for AWS Secrets Manager integration, if that matters.

Thanks.

Hi @beckymeyer!

Welcome to the Doppler Community!

Sorry about this! This endpoint is extremely new and we’re still missing some additional endpoints we’re going to want (e.g., listing existing Integrations). Currently, this endpoint was meant to be used in conjunction with the create endpoint (which returns the slug after creation). Although the modification endpoints currently only support AWS Parameter Store and AWS Secrets Manager, the retrieve endpoints do work for any integration. Unfortunately, there isn’t an obvious way to get the slug. That said, you can get the slug for an integration by going to the integrations page for a project, going to the create new sync page for the integration you’re after and then choosing the integration connection you want (which will take you to the sync creation form). In the URL for that page, you should see a UUID as the last component of the URL – that’s the integration UUID slug that you can use as the parameter for this request.

Let me know if you have further questions or need additional help funding the slug uuid!

Regards,
-Joel

Hi,

I am also trying to use this endpoint, but to retrieve the Laravel Forge integration from a project. I do not quite understand the creating a new Sync page. After consulting with my workspace manager, adding/modifying the existing Forge integration we have in doppler is not an option. In any case, I suppose this is the only way of getting the UUID? Is there any other way? The reason I want to retrieve the integration is to execute checks on its status.

I hope you can help me further with this question.

Hi @Juan5713!

Welcome to the Doppler Community!

Yeah, unfortunately, you have to inspect the page source to get the slug ID, which isn’t a great experience. We’re adding a new API endpoint to list integrations that will include the slugs. Keep in mind that the create and update endpoints currently only work with the aws_secrets_manager and aws_parameter_store integrations, so even though you can list ALL integrations and get those slugs, you won’t be able to create or update integrations of other types. I’ll post again once that endpoint is available.

Regards,
-Joel

@beckymeyer @Juan5713 We’ve added a new API endpoint that should help with this:

It’ll return information on all your existing integrations and any syncs associated with them. This will include the slug for the integration!